Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mirror in the bathroom!

I love my bathroom. It has, well, most of the original Crane fixtures and the teal tiles. Even if they are not in perfect condition, they are most adorable in my mind. I love the fact that the shower stall and bathtub are separate. It does make it hell for cleaning the tub… but cute before practical, right?
For the wall color we choose a very dusty pink-ish coral. I think it plays of the teal very well.

More old(er) photos:

Bathroom Summer 2010

Head vases, Bambies, Soakies and Mermaids

Bathroom Summer 2010

Next to the bath tub is an original built-in hamper. We use it as a "linen closet."

Bathroom

Not perfect, but good enough for me… for now!


If I had to re-paint it another color, I would go with the color of our bedroom. It's called "sickling pear" and it's a yellowish green, which depending on the time of day and the light in the room, changes from more yellow or more green - LOVE IT!  Teal, yellow-ish green, with a hint of pink… reads perfect in my book!!!

Actually, now after a few years of living here, I would love to swap all the colors around, so the bathroom would be the color of the bedroom, the bedroom the color of the living room, the living room  the color of the dining room, dining room the color of the bathroom… confused? I just wish I could drag my home into Photoshop and, with a few clicks, change the wall colors all through my home.

I did a search, and I found this vintage Kohler ad, with a very similar color scheme!

phx50sbathnational1950kohler2

Since it's raining and it's Sunday… I'd better cruise down eBay Ave. for some monitor shopping!

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING!!
    check out my blog if you want :)

    http://sofiehn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete