Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You can't always get what you want!

…But if you try sometimes you might find, the HEYWOOD WAKEFIELD  you need!

When you collect, the best thing is find a piece for your collection, at the right time, in great shape… at a killer price!
I think if you could go out and buy the entire collection all at once, the joy and excitement must just be lost.
But boy, have I had cheating thoughts, many times! Imagine if… Dream Dream Drool!


hw2

Just like many other people who are into American mid-century furniture, I started my collection of Heywood Wakefield years back. It's getting there, but still isn't big enough!
As I mentioned before, Champagne is my color… and no redone finish, please!!

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, in the 40's -60's H.W. came in two different finish colors: Champagne and Wheat.
Champagne is a darker beige color with a hint of pink blush and Wheat is a golden tan color.  It sometimes can be really difficult to tell them apart. The finishes changed a little over the years, and the aging process of the lacquer makes the furniture a little more yellow/orange.
But hey, then it's pretty lucky that you most likely can find it stamped on the back, next to the official Heywood Wakefield stamp!

Original Champagne
original champagne

Original Wheat
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Official Stamp
stamp2


I love the mix of lines in the picture below and the wall color and the barkcloth curtains.

hw1

I wanna sit in this living room and drink tea all night with my friends. It looks so cozy!
Dream Dream Drool!!!

heywood50

Check out the reproductions of many of the H.W. pieces on their page
Heywood Wakefiled Page

No comments:

Post a Comment